- Monthly Salary ฿33,000 + housing allowance
- Start Date January 1, 2020
- Finish Date February 29, 2020
- Contract Length 1 term (2 months remaining)
- Grade Levels Taught Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6
Kindergarten and Primary English teacher for a public kindergarten and primary school located in the Borabue District of Maha Sarakham Province. The position is for teaching Kindergarten (ages 3-6) to Grade 1 (Prathom 1) to Grade 6 (Prathom 6). Teacher will teach one hour of English conversation to each class in multiple grade levels for 18 to 24 hours a week (60 minutes per period). The class size is approximately 40 students in each class. Lesson plans and printed materials provided to teacher along with multimedia in each classroom. The school has 2 foreign teaching positions at the school teaching:
1 Teacher teaching all classes of K2 (Kindergarten), and P1/G1 to P3/G3.
1 Teacher teaching all classes of K3 (kindergarten) and P4/G4 to P6/G6.
- Salary of 33,000 Thai baht per month
- Additional monthly pay based on years of teaching experience and degree major.
- Accommodation pre-arranged before arrival with 3,000 Thai baht monthly allowance provided towards rent (~800 meters from school)
- 500 baht additional rental cost per month from teacher.
- Free Wifi
- 2,000 Thai baht Non-B work visa reimbursement (with all paperwork sorted by our staff)
- Free Work Permit (with all paperwork sorted by our staff)
- Free accident insurance
- One semester contract commitment (4-5 months) with renewal bonus for a 2nd semester.
- Paid Thai public holidays
- Full curriculum and textbooks provided.
- 25 hours of free teacher training with professional development certificates.
- Detailed on-boarding and introduction process to help teachers prepare.
- Dedicated team of Thai and Native English speaking consultants supporting teachers throughout the semester,
- Assistance with opening the Thai bank account
- Assistance with obtaining the Thai SIM card
- Airport pickup (if applicable).
The Teacher will be responsible for:
- Teaching the program to students based on teaching position.
- Delivering curriculum and lesson plans responding to students’ needs.
- Assessing, evaluating and giving feedback to students on their performance and progress as required by school.
- Counseling or mentoring students as necessary to ensure they meet minimum academic performance.
- Working effectively in a cross-cultural context at a Thai school.
- Being available during mid-term and finals exams for academic duties including re-testing, grading and other activities as necessary to complete the testing.
- Carrying out-of-classroom activities for/with students as requested by the school. Some of these duties may include:
- Teaching selected students vocabulary for School Awards Program.
- Assisting students in use of the student learning system/application.
- Attending Morning Assembly attendance and joining in a once a week “Morning Talk” English topic with fellow English teachers.
- Attending Morning Greeting/Gate duty to greet students arriving 20-30 minutes prior to the start of school at least once a week.
- Participating in a School Open House each term.
- Participating in a maximum of 2 weekend off-campus Student English camps each term.
- Teaching fellow Thai teachers English for a maximum of 16 hours each term
- dates and times arranged by school based on teaching schedule. Materials are provided for this.
- Native English speakers – from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
- Bachelor degree holder.
- Skilled with using multimedia equipment / technology.
- Classroom equipment: Blackboards, Whiteboards, WiFi
- Teaching experience and/or TEFL preferred but not required
- 21-55 years old
- A positive attitude
- A desire to learn more about and immerse in the Thai culture
- Passion for teaching
Maha Sarakham Province is in the northeastern (Isan) region of Thailand. Neighboring provinces are (from north clockwise): Kalasin, Roi Et, Surin, Buriram, and Khon Kaen. The town of Maha Sarakham is the provincial capital. It is the home of Mahasarakham University, the largest university in northeast Thailand with about 40,000 students, and Rajabhat Mahasarakham University. Borabue District, a district in the central part of Maha Sarakham Province, is 6 kms to Maha Sarakham city (province capital) and 456 kms northeast from Bangkok (1.5 hour flight from Roi Et airport) and 50 kms west of Roi Et. The district has conveniences such locally owned shops/restaurants, 7/11, Big C, daily fresh market and night market, western restaurant, bars, bank/atm, barber shops, post office, public hospital, clinic, church, local pharmacy.