- Monthly Salary ฿33,000 + housing allowance
- Start Date May 1, 2020
- Finish Date September 30, 2020
- Weekly Teaching Hours 20+
- Contract Length 1 term (5 months)
- Grade Levels Taught Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6
Primary English teacher for a public school located in the Nong Song Hong District of Khon Kaen Province. The position is for teaching primary Grade 1 (Prathom 1) to Grade 6 (Prathom 6). Teacher will teach one hour of English conversation to each class in multiple grade levels for 18 to 24 hours a week (50 minutes per period). The class size is approximately 40 students in each class. Lesson plans and printed materials provided to teacher along with whiteboards in each classroom. The school has 2 foreign teaching positions at the school teaching:
1 Teacher teaching all classes of P1/G1
1 Teacher teaching all classes of M1/G7
- Salary of 33,000 Thai baht per month
- Additional monthly pay based on years of teaching experience and degree major.
- Accommodation pre-arranged before arrival with 3,000 Thai baht monthly allowance provided towards rent (~100 meters from school)
- School housing campus
- Free WIFI included.
- 2,000 Thai baht Non-B work visa reimbursement (with all paperwork sorted by our staff)
- Free Work Permit (with all paperwork sorted by our staff)
- Free accident insurance
- One semester contract commitment (4-5 months) with renewal bonus for a 2nd semester.
- Paid Thai public holidays
- Full curriculum and textbooks provided.
- 25 hours of free teacher training with professional development certificates.
- Detailed on-boarding and introduction process to help teachers prepare.
- Dedicated team of Thai and Native English speaking consultants supporting teachers throughout the semester,
- Assistance with opening the Thai bank account
- Assistance with obtaining the Thai SIM card
- Airport pickup (if applicable).
The Teacher will be responsible for:
- Teaching the program to students based on teaching position.
- Delivering curriculum and lesson plans responding to students’ needs.
- Assessing, evaluating and giving feedback to students on their performance and progress as required by school.
- Counseling or mentoring students as necessary to ensure they meet minimum academic performance.
- Working effectively in a cross-cultural context at a Thai school.
- Being available during mid-term and finals exams for academic duties including re-testing, grading and other activities as necessary to complete the testing.
- Carrying out-of-classroom activities for/with students as requested by the school. Some of these duties may include:
- Teaching selected students vocabulary for School Awards Program.
- Assisting students in use of the student learning system/application.
- Attending Morning Assembly attendance and joining in a once a week “Morning Talk” English topic with fellow English teachers.
- Attending Morning Greeting/Gate duty to greet students arriving 20-30 minutes prior to the start of school at least once a week.
- Participating in a School Open House each term.
- Participating in a maximum of 2 weekend off-campus Student English camps each term.
- Teaching fellow Thai teachers English for a maximum of 16 hours each term
- dates and times arranged by school based on teaching schedule. Materials are provided for this.
- Native English speakers – from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
- Bachelor degree holder.
- Skilled with using multimedia equipment / technology.
- Classroom equipment: Whiteboard, projector, microphone, computer, speakers, WiFi, A/C
- Teaching experience and/or TEFL preferred but not required
- 21-55 years old
- A positive attitude
- A desire to learn more about and immerse in the Thai culture
- Passion for teaching
About Khon Kaen
Khon Kaen is the fifth-largest of the northeastern provinces of Thailand and home to Khaon Kaen University, the oldest and largest university in the region, with 35,000 students Neighboring provinces are (from north clockwise) Nong Bua Lamphu, Udon Thani, Kalasin, Maha Sarakham, Buriram, Nakhon Ratchasima, Chaiyaphum, Phetchabun, and Loei. Nong Song Hong District is 99 kms south of Khon Kaen city (province capital) and 398 kms north of Bangkok (1 hour flight from Khon Kaen Airport). Nong Song Hong District has conveniences such locally owned shops/restaurants, 7/11, Tesco Lotus Express, daily fresh market and night market, western restaurant, bars, bank/atm, barber shops, post office, public hospital, clinic, church, local pharmacy.