- Monthly Salary 40,300 Thai Baht
- Start Date April 1, 2020
- Finish Date March 31, 2021
- Weekly Teaching Hours 10-20
- Contract Length 12 months
- Grade Levels Taught Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5
Primary math teacher for a private primary school located in the Buriram District of Buriram Province. The position is for teaching maths to 1 class of grade 3 (Prathom 3), 1 class of grade 4 (Prathom 4), and 1 class of grade 5 (Prathom 5) for 3 hours each class per week (50 minutes per period). Additionally, the teacher will teach 4 hours of grade 2 (Prathom 2) science per week to 1 class for a total of 13 teachers hours per week. The class size is approximately 30-40 students in each class. Lesson plans, Multimedia, and printed materials provided to teacher along with multimedia equipment in each classroom. The school has 3 foreign teaching positions at the school.
- Salary of 40,300 Thai baht per month
- Overtime rate of 500 THB per teaching hour if teaching schedule exceeds 20 hours per week.
- Supplemental attendance bonus of 750 THB per month
- Contract completion bonus up to 34,000 Thai baht
- Thai baht Non-B work visa paperwork provided by staff
- Teacher is responsible for obtaining the Non-Immigrant B.
- Free Work Permit (with all paperwork sorted by our staff)
- Free BUPA health and dental insurance
- 12 month contract (April 1st to March 31st)
- Paid Thai public holidays
- Up to 4 paid sick days
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Full curriculum and textbooks provided.
- Full school orientation course provided.
- 25 hours of free teacher training with professional development certificates.
- Detailed on-boarding and introduction process to help teachers prepare.
- Dedicated team of Thai and Native English speaking consultants supporting teachers throughout the semester.
- Accommodation options provided for teacher to choose from (see images below)
- Teacher is responsible for their accommodation.
- Airport pickup (if applicable).
The Teacher will be responsible for:
- Teaching the program to students based on teaching position.
- Delivering curriculum and follow lessons lesson plans based on multi-media content provided to teacher.
- Assessing, evaluating and giving feedback to students on their performance and progress as required by school.
- Counseling or mentoring students as necessary to ensure they meet minimum academic performance.
- Working effectively in a cross-cultural context at a Thai school.
- Being available during mid-term and finals exams for academic duties including re-testing, grading and other activities as necessary to complete the testing.
- Carrying out-of-classroom activities for/with students as requested by the school. Some of these duties may include:
- Attending Morning Assembly / Flag Ceremony and joining in a once a week “Morning Talk” English topic with fellow English teachers.
- Attending Morning Greeting /Gate duty to greet students arriving 20-30 minutes prior to the start of school at least once a week.
- Participating in school events each term to include, but not limited to, parents meetings, competitions, make-up classes, school activities
- dates and times arranged by school and may include weekends (not to exceed 2 weekend days per term)
- Participating in a yearly off-campus Student English camp.
- Teaching fellow Thai teachers English each term
- dates and times arranged by school based on teaching schedule. Materials are provided for this.
- Native English speakers – from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
- Bachelor degree holder from university located in native English speaking country.
- TEFL Certificate
- Skilled with using multimedia equipment / technology.
- Multimedia equipment: Projector, PowerPoint, Audio, Speakers, Wireless Microphones, WiFi
- Teaching experience preferred but not required
- 21-55 years old
- A positive attitude
- A desire to learn more about and immerse in the Thai culture
- Passion for teaching
Buriram Province is one of the northeastern provinces of Thailand. Neighboring provinces are (from south clockwise) Sa Kaeo, Nakhon Ratchasima, Khon Kaen, Maha Sarakham, and Surin. To the southeast it borders Oddar Meancheay of Cambodia. Buriram District, the province capital, is 393 kms northeast of Bangkok (1 hour flight from Buriram Airport). Buriram District has conveniences such locally owned shops/restaurants, 7/11, Tesco Lotus Express, daily fresh market and night market, western restaurant, bars, bank/atm, barber shops, post office, public hospital, clinic, church, local pharmacy.