- Monthly Salary 33,000 +2,000 Thai Baht
- Start Date May 1, 2020
- Finish Date March 5, 2021
- Weekly Teaching Hours 20+
- Contract Length 10 months
- Grade Levels Taught Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
Secondary English teacher for a public secondary located in the Phutthamonthon District of Nakhon Pathom Province. The position is for teaching English Conversation to grades 7 (Matayom 1) to grades 12 (Matayom 6). Teacher will teach one hour of English conversation to each class in multiple grade levels for 15 to 24 (maximum) hours a week (50 minutes per period). The class size is approximately 30-40 students in each class. Lesson plans, Multimedia, and printed materials provided to teacher along with multimedia equipment in each classroom. The school has 7 foreign teaching positions at the school.
- Salary of 33,000 Thai baht + 2,000 Thai baht Cost of Living stipend per month
- Contract completion bonus up to 20,000 Thai baht
- Thai baht Non-B work visa paperwork provided by staff
- Teacher is responsible for obtaining the Non-Immigrant B.
- Free Work Permit (with all paperwork sorted by our staff)
- Free AETNA health insurance
- 10 month contract (May 1st to March 5th)
- Paid Thai public holidays
- Full curriculum and textbooks provided.
- Full training course provided (May 4th to May 8th).
- Accommodation per-diem provided
- 25 hours of free teacher training with professional development certificates.
- Detailed on-boarding and introduction process to help teachers prepare.
- Dedicated team of Thai and Native English speaking consultants supporting teachers throughout the semester.
- Accommodation options provided for teacher to choose from (see images below)
- Teacher is responsible for their accommodation.
- Airport pickup (if applicable).
The Teacher will be responsible for:
- Teaching the program to students based on teaching position.
- Delivering curriculum and follow lessons lesson plans based on multi-media content provided to teacher.
- Assessing, evaluating and giving feedback to students on their performance and progress as required by school.
- Counseling or mentoring students as necessary to ensure they meet minimum academic performance.
- Working effectively in a cross-cultural context at a Thai school.
- Being available during mid-term and finals exams for academic duties including re-testing, grading and other activities as necessary to complete the testing.
- Carrying out-of-classroom activities for/with students as requested by the school. Some of these duties may include:
- Attending Morning Assembly / Flag Ceremony and joining in a once a week “Morning Talk” English topic with fellow English teachers.
- Attending Morning Greeting /Gate duty to greet students arriving 20-30 minutes prior to the start of school at least once a week.
- Participating in school events each term to include, but not limited to, parents meetings, competitions, make-up classes, school activities
- dates and times arranged by school and may include weekends (not to exceed 2 weekend days per term)
- Participating in a yearly off-campus Student English camp.
- If English camp is on a weekend, there is a 1,500 Thai baht per day stipend provided
- Teaching fellow Thai teachers English each term
- dates and times arranged by school based on teaching schedule. Materials are provided for this.
- Native English speakers – from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
- Bachelor degree holder.
- Skilled with using multimedia equipment / technology.
- Multimedia equipment: Projector, PowerPoint, Audio, Speakers, Wireless Microphones, WiFi
- Teaching experience and/or TEFL preferred but not required
- 21-55 years old
- A positive attitude
- A desire to learn more about and immerse in the Thai culture
- Passion for teaching
About Nakhon Pathom
Nakhon Pathom is one of the central provinces of Thailand. Neighbouring provinces are (from north clockwise) Suphan Buri, Ayutthaya, Nonthaburi, Bangkok, Samut Sakhon, Ratchaburi and Kanchanaburi. Phutthamonthon District is 35 kms east of Bangkok. Phutthamonthon District has conveniences such locally owned shops/restaurants, 7/11, Tesco Lotus Express, daily fresh market and night market, western restaurant, bars, bank/atm, barber shops, post office, public hospital, clinic, church, local pharmacy.