- Monthly Salary ฿33,000 + housing allowance
- Start Date May 1, 2020
- Finish Date September 30, 2020
- Weekly Teaching Hours 20+
- Contract Length 1 term (2 months remaining)
- Grade Levels Taught Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
Secondary English teacher for a public secondary located in the main city of Suphan Buri Province. The position is for teaching English Conversation to grades 7 (Matayom 1) to grades 12 (Matayom 6). Teacher will teach one hour of English conversation to each class in multiple grade levels for 18 to 24 hours a week (60 minutes per period). The class size is approximately 40 students in each class. Lesson plans and printed materials provided to teacher along with multimedia in each classroom. The school has 3 foreign teaching positions at the school teaching:
1 Teacher teaching all classes of M1/G7 to M4/G10
1 Teacher teaching all classes of M2/G8 to M5/G11
1 Teacher teaching all classes of M3/G9 to M6/G12
- Salary of 33,000 Thai baht per month
- Additional monthly pay based on years of teaching experience and degree major.
- Accommodation pre-arranged before arrival with 3,000 Thai baht monthly allowance provided towards rent (~800 meters from school)
- Rental Fees for housing provided: 3,500 no fridge; 4,000 fully furnished; 4,500 fully furnished w/ balcony
- 2,000 Thai baht Non-B work visa reimbursement (with all paperwork sorted by our staff)
- Free Work Permit (with all paperwork sorted by our staff)
- Free accident insurance
- One semester contract commitment (4-5 months) with renewal bonus for a 2nd semester.
- Paid Thai public holidays
- Full curriculum and textbooks provided.
- 25 hours of free teacher training with professional development certificates.
- Detailed on-boarding and introduction process to help teachers prepare.
- Dedicated team of Thai and Native English speaking consultants supporting teachers throughout the semester,
- Assistance with opening the Thai bank account
- Assistance with obtaining the Thai SIM card
- Airport pickup (if applicable).
The Teacher will be responsible for:
- Teaching the program to students based on teaching position.
- Delivering curriculum and lesson plans responding to students’ needs.
- Assessing, evaluating and giving feedback to students on their performance and progress as required by school.
- Counseling or mentoring students as necessary to ensure they meet minimum academic performance.
- Working effectively in a cross-cultural context at a Thai school.
- Being available during mid-term and finals exams for academic duties including re-testing, grading and other activities as necessary to complete the testing.
- Carrying out-of-classroom activities for/with students as requested by the school. Some of these duties may include:
- Teaching selected students vocabulary for School Awards Program.
- Assisting students in use of the student learning system/application.
- Attending Morning Assembly attendance and joining in a once a week “Morning Talk” English topic with fellow English teachers.
- Attending Morning Greeting/Gate duty to greet students arriving 20-30 minutes prior to the start of school at least once a week.
- Participating in a School Open House each term.
- Participating in a maximum of 2 weekend off-campus Student English camps each term.
- Teaching fellow Thai teachers English for a maximum of 16 hours each term
- dates and times arranged by school based on teaching schedule. Materials are provided for this.
- Native English speakers – from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
- Bachelor degree holder.
- Skilled with using multimedia equipment / technology.
- Multimedia equipment: Whiteboards, Projectors, Speakers (in some classes)
- Teaching experience and/or TEFL preferred but not required
- 21-55 years old
- A positive attitude
- A desire to learn more about and immerse in the Thai culture
- Passion for teaching
Suphan Buri Province is one of the central provinces of Thailand. Neighboring provinces are (from north clockwise) Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Sing Buri, Ang Thong, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Nakhon Pathom and Kanchanaburi. Suphan Buri city is s 101 km northwest of Bangkok. Suphan Buri city has conveniences such locally owned shops/restaurants, Tesco Lotus Express, Family Mart/Fresh Mart, Makro, Tops, Home Pro, Robinson’s, 7-11, Big C, daily fresh market and night market, western restaurant, bars, bank/atm, gym, laundry shop, barber shops, Watsons/Boots, English movie theatre, water park, post office, dentist, private hospital, clinic, church, local pharmacy.